#5

 So far I have found Twitter to be a very useful tool not only as a rugula day user but also as a teacher.  You can professionally interact with other educators as well as stay up to date in the educational world.  So far I have interacted with the classes twitter page to see other students and teachers.  Twitter can be useful in my future career because it can help you connect with the younger tech savy generation also as previously stated, stay up to date with relevant educational news.

The digital divide can highly effect students in many ways.  For instance, if tests or assignments were online and a students does not have a home computer then they would struggle immensely.  They would have to constantly seek out places with computers and wifi to be able to accomplish their work.  Some causes of this divide include parents finical status, low literacy and technology proficiency, as well as geographical restrictions.  If I saw a clear divide in my students I would afford every opportunity to students to be able to get work done in school and even after.  As a teacher I would have to revert some aspect of instruction to physical copies like textbooks and worksheets.     

One software tool I would use would be Edmodo in which connects teachers and students as a sort of social network.  Since students use social networking on daily basis, this software would be easy and fun to use.  It would be used to communicate more easily with students who miss class as well as if I had to miss a day or an extended time period.  Another software I would use for my class would be eduClipper which provides teachers and students ways to share resources and educational material.  As a teacher you can share different instructional resources for students to understand the material because some students learn best from different instructors.     

Comments